Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A new beginning...time for change.

Time has never been on my side.  That's the version in my head.  In reality, it goes more like this; I have poor time management skills and I often find myself meandering down a path of daydreams and/or delving deep into the information superhighway...looking at useless information.  Now that I have made the decision to start my own business, a change is in order.

I often asked myself how mothers have managed to start their own business, make it a success, run this booming business, and all while raising children.  They do it though.  They make it work.  What do I have to be afraid of? I have a child, not children.  And, bless her heart, she's an angel.  I am fortunate enough to stay home with her, I am an intelligent human being (never mind the fact that "intelligent" was just auto-corrected), I am creative, motivated, independent.  I can do this!  Now, to find the time.

Where do you look for time?  Does it magically appear, as if lowered from the battens, thrust on stage?  Ta-da!!  Time has arrived!  No, that can't be it.  Oooooohhhhh, I have to MAKE time.  I'm looking for something that cannot be found.  No one is going to knock on my door and hand me an envelope with two hours of complete, uninterrupted silence so that I may fulfill my wishes of an independent, ever growing business.  Huh, imagine that.  I guess this is where the change has to come in.

Today, I woke up at 5am...on my own....no alarm.  I admit, I did lay awake next to my little girl and watch her sleep for 50 minutes.  No one said change can happen over night.  At least not in my book it won't.  Coffee was already brewed, thanks to the man in my life, so "officially" up at 6am and ready to get rockin.  Feed dogs, coffee, cereal.... Oh wait; take dogs out first, feed dogs, coffee, cereal, set the computer up....I'm ready to go.  Blog or logo, blog or logo?  Getting the logo up is probably most important.  The blog won out in attempt to start off my first day at my new job with minimal stress.  Ha.  Ha.  Ha.  Gadgets, widgets, wadgets....I should have known better.  I am quite the old soul when it comes to technology.  I've got mailing a letter down to a science however.  Time to get my feet wet.  My business is not going to sprout up merely on the coat tails of daydreams.

Here I am.  It's begun.  The business logo is still tucked away, but I've written my first words.  I am starting to introduce myself.  I am putting myself out there.  One thing I am proud of is that I have always been my biggest cheerleader.  It's the naysayers that always seem to beat me down.  Not this time though.  I am armed and ready.  New baby, new state, new city, new business, even a new car.  I have a fresh start and I love anything fresh.  I. AM. MOTIVATED.  And just like my daughter is learning to walk, my steps will become less shaky.  I will find my balance.  Maybe a change is not in order after all.  My time has come and the Lioness that I have been putting in the corner is ready to shine.  I am a fierce warrior.  I can do this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment